Maps

  • There are a minimum of four maps on this page - scroll down to view.
  • Use controls in upper left and right corners of each map to zoom, scroll, change view, etc
  • Click 'View Larger Map' for full-size window map
  • Close this tab to return to previous page.
Maps by Google Maps User API

Target: ROTENBURG GERMANY Airfield (147 aircraft) - (53.1285, 9.3537)

In 1936, work began near Rotenburg on an airfield and barracks. As early as 1937 the first troops arrived. At the outset of the war, there was only an anti-aircraft test range and aircraft maintenance facility at the site. In 1940, the first flying units moved to Rotenburg. In a nearby civilian labor camp 200 inmates were used for construction work. British troops arrived at the airport on 22 April 1945. On 9 June, in a ceremony attended by British Field Marshal Montgomery himself, the Armoured Division of the Scots Guards was decommissioned. In 1958 it was given to the German Air Force. Now it is a civilian airport.

from: http://www.geschichtsspuren.de/artikel/41-luftwaffe-luftfahrt/124-fliegerhorst-luftzeugamt-rotenburgwuemme.html

from: http://www.relikte.com/rotenburg/index.htm

CONTINENTAL REGIONAL

View Larger Map

View Larger Map
LOCAL SATELLITE

View Larger Map

View Larger Map

Other Related Documents: