Maps

  • There are a minimum of four maps on this page - scroll down to view.
  • Use controls in upper left and right corners of each map to zoom, scroll, change view, etc
  • Click 'View Larger Map' for full-size window map
  • Close this tab to return to previous page.
Maps by Google Maps User API

Target: ZWICKAU GERMANY Airfield (15 aircraft) - (50.7032, 12.4411)

The first Zwickau airfield was on the parade ground of the Helmsdorf garrison. In 1909, the Society for Aviation and Aircraft offered hot air balloon rides. Under the terms of the Versailles Treaty, the airship hangar was taken down in 1920. In 1926, civilian flight began again. In 1944 the airfield and the attached Aircraft Repair Facility Gustav Basser was bombed by US 8th Air Force. In 1953, the airfield was repaired and glider flying was established.

from: http://www.acz.de/geschichte.html

CONTINENTAL REGIONAL

View Larger Map

View Larger Map
LOCAL SATELLITE

View Larger Map

View Larger Map

Other Related Documents: