Maps

  • There are a minimum of four maps on this page - scroll down to view.
  • Use controls in upper left and right corners of each map to zoom, scroll, change view, etc
  • Click 'View Larger Map' for full-size window map
  • Close this tab to return to previous page.
Maps by Google Maps User API

Target: EUSKIRCHEN GERMANY Airfield (62 aircraft) - (50.6956, 6.88871)

A small airport serving the Euskirchen area was built prior to World War II with a grass runway. In March 1940, light reconnaissance Focke-Wulf Fw 189As were assigned to the airfield. The FW 189s were used to patrol the Franco-German border area prior to the invasion of the west on 10 May 1940. In 1943, 3 Fallschirm-Jäger-Division (Parachute Infantry Division) was assigned to the field. In early March 1945, US forces took over the field and used it as a Ninth Air Force advanced landing ground designate Y-59. After the Americans closed the airfield the facility was never reopened. Eventually all of the facilities were removed and the land turned over for agricultural use. wikipedia
CONTINENTAL REGIONAL

View Larger Map

View Larger Map
LOCAL SATELLITE

View Larger Map

View Larger Map

Other Related Documents: