Maps

  • There are a minimum of four maps on this page - scroll down to view.
  • Use controls in upper left and right corners of each map to zoom, scroll, change view, etc
  • Click 'View Larger Map' for full-size window map
  • Close this tab to return to previous page.
Maps by Google Maps User API

Target: NUREMBURG GERMANY Industry vehicles (198 aircraft) - (49.4538, 11.0807)

MAN traces its origins back to 1758, when the \"St. Antony\" ironworks commenced operation in Oberhausen as the first heavy-industry enterprise in the Ruhr region. In 1808, the three ironworks \"St. Antony\", \"Gute Hoffnung\" (\"Good Hope\"), and \"Neue Essen\" merged, to form the Hüttengewerkschaft und Handlung Jacobi (\"Iron Mining and Trading Company\"), Oberhausen, which was later renamed Gute Hoffnungshütte (GHH). In 1908, the Vereinigte Maschinenfabrik Augsburg und Maschinenbaugesellschaft Nürnberg A.G., Augsburg (\"United Machine Works Augsburg and Nuremberg Ltd.\"), which came into being through the 1898 merger of Maschinenbau-AG Nürnberg (founded 1841), and the Maschinenfabrik Augsburg AG (founded 1840) was renamed Maschinenfabrik Augsburg Nürnberg AG, Augsburg, or in short M.A.N. (Source: Wikipedia). In 1935 MAN produced a design for the Panzerkampfwagen II alongside those from Krupp and Henschel
the MAN vehicle was accepted. MAN was in charge of chassis development with superstructure design by Daimler-Benz. Other companies joined MAN to produce the vehicle including FAMO of Breslau, Wegmann of Kassel and, from 1936, MAG of Brunswick. The definitive version of the Ausf A began to come off the production line in 1937 by which time Henschel’s place in the programme had been taken by Alkett. Production of later versions continued until production of the Ausf F ceased at the end of 1942, although production of the chassis continued. The Lynx version was produced by MAN from September 1943 to January 1944 in limited numbers. MAN also had primary responsibility for production of the Marder II tank destroyer
production was shared with FAMO and Daimler-Benz. Panther tanks were produced by four main manufacturers: Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nürnberg (MAN) at Nuremberg (prime contractor), Daimler Benz, MNH and Henschel. (

from: http://preservedtanks.com)

CONTINENTAL REGIONAL

View Larger Map

View Larger Map
LOCAL SATELLITE

View Larger Map

View Larger Map

Other Related Documents: