- Hover over the yellow column headings for abbreviation information
- Click Target names to open a new window with MAPS of the target area
- Use Back button to return to previous 8AF web page
MISSION DETAILSChoose a Different Date
Click button to view Mission record sections:
Narrative - Official Air Force Mission Description
|Mission 558: 10 B-24s are dispatched to drop Azon missiles on the Les Foulous, France rail bridge but the mission is abandoned due to deteriorating weather.
Mission 559: 1 B-17 drop a BATTY TV bomb on the port area at La Pallice, France.
Mission 560: 7 of 7 B-17s drop leaflets in France during the night. Fighter-bomber missions flown by the VIII Fighter Command:
1. 397 P-38s and P-47s hit the Paris/Brussels area; they claim 3-0-3 aircraft; 1 P-47 is damaged.
2. 318 P-51s are dispatched to hit communications targets; 7 P-51s are lost (pilots are MIA) and 4 are damaged; 1 pilot is WIA.
33 B-24s fly CARPETBAGGER missions during the night.
|Source: THE ARMY AIR FORCES IN WORLD WAR II: COMBAT CHRONOLOGY, 1941-1945 by Carter / Mueller, the Office of Air Force History, |